- Lead, manage, execute entire sourcing activities and commercial negotiations for assigned project purchases
- Ensure Procurement's early involvement, work closely with internal stakeholders to understand the project requirements
- Identify opportunities and take actions to enable Procurement to deliver value and savings for the Project
- Ensure compliance to pre-defined Procurement processes and procedures
- Drive the formulation of clear definition of specifications/scope of works/purchase requirements by working with Project stakeholders
- Create and issue request for quotations/proposals/information
- Lead and conduct commercial bid clarifications with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Participate/facilitate technical bid clarifications with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Write and submit formal purchase approval requests in accordance to Procurement standards
- Convert purchase requisitions into formal Purchase Orders by using the SAP and SRM tools
- Draft and implement appropriate contracts with suppliers
- Coordinate with Shared Service Centre to ensure seamless Purchase-to-Pay operational transactions
- Ensure all supplier related savings are maximised and properly reported
- Ensure code of conduct is observed in all dealings with suppliers and business partners, fostering relationships on the basis of mutual respect.
- Ensure staff and suppliers act in accordance with all appropriate safety legislation and guidelines.
- Work with suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure all parties comply to the Ethical Purchasing Policy
- Min Bachelor's Degree or Diploma, preferably in Engineering or Business with at least 5 years' experience in Project Procurement or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of the nature of the products/services as well as prior experience in the Industrial Gases industry or similar industries.
- Able to work under pressure, perform under tight deadlines, solve problems
- Strong Commercial Negotiation skills with good understanding of Commercial Contract terms and conditions
- Good understanding of Project Management
- Proficient in Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, especially Excel to compile reports/data analysis
- Preferably proficient and possess experience in using SAP and SRM
Yvonne Ong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1549551