Role summary: Responsible to conduct appropriate CDD checks on new business requests (including but not limited to Freight/Shipping counterparties, Port Agents, Vessels, Barges and brokers as well as trading counterparties). Also expected to provide appropriate CDD advices to the business in managing the KYC risks. The CDD team is a key part of the KYC function within strategic business unit. The CDD Analyst is a crucial role and responsible for conducting the initial review of new and existing counterparty due diligence in accordance with current Singapore and International AML /KYC rules and regulations. The role requires hardworking, ethical and honest staff that are enthusiastic and self-motivated in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Manage day to day CDD activities independently & effectively.
- Conduct appropriate due diligence checks on counterparties/Service providers/Agents/Vessels clearance on a timely basis.
- Able to anticipate issues and be pro-active in resolving them. Perform Continuous improvement efforts aimed at increasing efficiency in the due diligence process.
- Attend meeting with stakeholders and communicate confidently and provide appropriate advices on all CDD related matters
- Support the regional CDD manager & Shipping CDD manager on all regional & global initiatives.
- Assist and support with training and coaching as appropriate.
- Tertiary education
- Strong technical understanding of the Singapore and international KYC/AML rules and regulations.
- At least 5 years KYC related experience.
- Excellent communicate skills, ability to network across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure without compromising quality of work.
- Independent contributor with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player
Yvonne Ong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1549551