The Compliance Specialist is responsible to ensure the Company complies with external regulations, legal requirements and its internal policies. You will work closely with various stakeholders to identify risk areas and implement effective compliance policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and support communications with internal/external audit in collaboration with respective departments
- Provide guidance to staff on managing requests from auditors
- Review adequacy of audit submissions by departments
- Plan for any mitigation controls with relevant departments and track the implementation to closure for reporting to management
Corporate Policy and Procedure
- Provide an independent oversight and observation
- Facilitate regular reviews of policy and procedure for alignment with regulatory requirements and implement best practices.
- Facilitate adoption of policy and procedure by departments
Training, Assessment and Monitoring
- Conduct and provide training on external regulations and relevant policies
- Ensure that all required trainings and due diligence checks are completed within schedule and maintain training records
- Evaluate and examine whether the activities performed by Business Units are effective, appropriate and compliant with key regulations
- Monitor expiry of any certificate, license and registration and ensure timely renewal
- Participate and provide support in compliance investigations
- Initiate and support Annual System Risk Assessments with respective System Managers and follow up on any identified risks for mitigation and closure.
- Initiate regular BCP tests and follow up actions
Handling Regulatory Related Matters
- Identify applicable laws and regulatory requirements
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes/updates and perform gap analysis for alignment of entity policy and procedures as needed
- Review and assess breaches flagged to compliance
- Support Team Lead in providing guidance stakeholders on compliance matters
- Perform other duties as and when assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Law, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems or related field.
- Min. 3 years of relevant work experience in compliance, internal control, risk management or internal audit.
- Preferably with professional certifications such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIPP, CBCI, CRM, ICA, CA).
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Singapore laws, regulations (e.g. MAS Notices and Guidelines including but limited to TRM, Guidelines on Outsourcing Risk Management, Guidelines on Business Continuity Management
- Preferably with working experience in financial services, IT industry in particular related to system development and integration.
- Preferably with IT audit experience.
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Office products
- Good appreciation for risk related subjects
- Good communica