- Monitor the networks for malicious activity using Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) toolsets.
- Respond to SIEM alerts and ensuring all investigative activity is properly documented and followed up with relevant support teams.
- Monitor and analyse emails for threats such as phishing and malware.
- Perform investigation of security violations and breaches.
- Conduct regular security vulnerability scans and work with relevant IT teams to close the security issues.
- Ensure that Information Security policies, related standards and guidelines are applied effectively across the business and systems.
- Monitor the antivirus Admin Console to ensure the malware threats are eradicated
- Actively contribute to information security projects and initiatives
- Deliver status report, briefings, recommendations and findings to appropriate IT Heads as required
- Highly motivated individual with a genuine enthusiasm for information security and technology
- Understanding of Information Security at an academic level and/or practical experience of information technology support preferred.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise workloads and to know when to seek guidance
- Willing to learn and take up new challenges or skill sets as needed
Octavius, Whei Jie Yong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1110096