- The primary focus of this position is to provide services to support the physical IT Infrastructure. The Specialist will be responsible for assembling and implementing hardware solutions, troubleshooting and providing technical support to customers.
- Perform basic level of problem determination for all tickets, emails, chats & phone calls
- Perform hardware troubleshooting
- Triage and escalation to the appropriate level
- Ticket management to ensure SLA's are met
- Perform General Hardware/Cage duties like Server assembly and disassembly, Server maintenance and repair, Single user/emergency access, Racking and un-racking of servers and devices, Hard drive and memory installs, Server console/reboot, RAID setup and configuration, Cabling and cable management (power/network), PDU Install/Replace and Hardware/Cabinet auditing
- Perform basic software setup like Control Panel installation (Plesk/cPanel/Webmin), Server OS installation (Windows/Linux/BSD), Kickstart/reinstall OS, Partition configurations and Basic network IP configurations
- Coordinate all repairs with customer and NOC staff
- Perform basic NOC ticket troubleshooting tasks
- Monitor and update internal message boards, e-mail, and task list.
- Keep informed of company and departmental policies.
- Management and tracking of assets including shipping.
- Labeling all devices and cables are per company standard.
- Work closely with third party providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No quota for foreigners
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role in a hosting company and/or Data Center Environment
- A strong working knowledge data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy).
- Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate effective teaming and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional troubleshooting, problem resolution skills.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, mainly servers.
- Ability to quickly identify specific issues and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Must have work experience with different types of cabling and experience managing fiber & copper in a data center environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
Interested candidate, please submit your updated resume in MS WORD format to: email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Name: Yong Whei Jie
Registration Number: R1110096
EA Licence Number: 02C3423
Octavius, Whei Jie Yong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1110096