- Administering cloud-based Infrastructure deployment which includes tasks such as provisioning/de-provisioning of resources, maintaining security posture, user administration, monitoring computing resource utilization, network setup, backup /restore and incident management. Some on-premise work may be required as well.
- Perform system administration activities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, and implement corrective/preventive actions during and after an incident.
- Create and maintain documentation and processes for troubleshooting, maintaining, and configuring systems.
- Identify process improvements such as automation projects that can improve efficiency and reduce errors.
- Responsible estimation of efforts needed for Ops project implementation and drive completion.
- Perform Cloud and On-Premise audits, inspections, corrections and other activities as needed by SecOps or other branches.
- Implement Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) on existing cloud environments using available tools.
- Explore, recommend, learn and deploy new technologies that will help the company to reduce cost or improve operational efficiencies.
- Ensure knowledge sharing to ensure proper transfer of skills to rest of organization to improve utilization of industry standard tools.
- Provide mentorship and coordination with junior staff as needed.
- Ownership of the CI/CD process that will be utilized by other teams to deliver the product.
- This position requires periodic system administration outside normal business hours.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Good analytical, project management, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate good knowledge in infrastructure areas such as virtual server technologies, networking and internet protocols, scripting & monitoring tools and IT Security.
- Conversant with infrastructure definition tools such as Cloud Formation and Terraform, and with YAML/JSON deployment templates.
- Python/ansible scripting skills for provisioning and automating dynamic cloud infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with Docker containerization and Kubernetes orchestration a strong plus
- Experience in API Management (AWS API Gateway, Tibco Mashery), Platform as a Service (OpenShift, Cloud Foundry) and DevOps will be a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools like SumoLogic, Datadog and Nagios will be a plus.
- Basic day-to-day administration of databases to ensure uptime and other DevOps related work that requires DB Administration. Should be familiar with SQL and preferably MongoDB
- Possess a degree in Information Technology or related fields or equivalent certification.
- Minimum of 3 years of IT experience with at least 1 year of hands-on experience in AWS Cloud.
- Strong familiarity with AWS with AWS Certified Solution Architect (Associate) or equivalent certification preferred.
Kang Abelene Marianne Mrs Rozario Abelene Marianne
EA License No.: 02C3423 | Personnel Reg No.: R2089914