The role of Senior DevOps Engineer is to assist with firmware and software configuration management, installation, and release promotion.
This position will work with other stakeholders within region and globally. In the end, the role is responsible for the development of high-quality products and/or subsystems in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner
- Automate builds and develop and integrate new tools to support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and reporting across projects.
- Develop and maintain well-architected build scripts to automate builds.
- Develop and maintain install related activities, including application packaging and deployment and ClearCase and/or Git repository management for both a local team of software and firmware developers as well as the extended Engineering community.
- Monitor and support daily build cycles and timely release of Hotfix packages.
- Coordinate effort among multiple sites and other DevOps personnel.
- Liaison with IT to comply with infrastructure, corporate policies, and the Secure Development Environment.
- Monitor and maintain build environment and software releases for various product branches on a daily, weekly, and scheduled basis.
- Install support to package entire software or at component level for deployment. Design develops and test integration of different components and systems using APIs and scripting to test features that span across multiple systems.
- Define, maintain, and manage the software configuration management and deployment processes for all products in the division.
- Experience with Git* technologies. Experience with ClearCase and/or SVN a plus.
- Experience scripting using Python or Microsoft PowerShell
- Experience with Dependency Management Tools and repositories such as TeamCity and Artifactory.
- Experience in setting up and managing software development server hardware and software, specifically on Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- Experience implementing test frameworks in Python or other scripting language desired.
- Experience with formal, automated, unit and integration testing of software/firmware desired.
- C/C++ experience in a real time environment desired.
- Prior use of automated IT infrastructure / operating system configuration management tools desired.
- Experience with virtual machine and template management in vCenter or Azure desired
- This position will be working in a complex, multi-national multi-site embedded software and software organization. Some after-hours support is required.
Arvin Clark Sikat, Sombilla EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1222536