PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Equipment Engineer II (Software Developer), as a member of the interdisciplinary operation team, is responsible to provide technical support for production operations in meeting output and quality. This includes hardware/ software integration and development. His/her expertise will also be required to setup required hardware/software systems for production operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead projects on new topics and drive them forward in the dynamic environment of digitalisation, maintain and implements high quality program changes, applying IT development standards and practices
- Ability to ensure creative and innovative solutions in the area of system development with a focus on electrical engineering, robotics, software and digitalisation.
- Focused performer with a solution-oriented and communicative approach with the respective partners and internal customers for timely and efficient solutions.
- Day-to-day duties to troubleshoot and resolve system issues to ensure operations is not disrupted.
- Ability to define and design the required machine interfaces architecture with external vendors.
- Develop middleware as equipment interfaces through programming language (Java, C#)
- Analyse data and issues to make decisions about the need for software system improvement.
- Collaboration with cross-functionals in continuous process improvement projects.
- Working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
- Provide expertise support during internal/external audits.
- Documentation and execution of computer systems validation to ensure compliance and that the system fits its intended use.
- Maintain and build up relationships with local vendors.
- Able to travel as necessary.
- Work in conjunction with project management to create project schedule, identify tasks and assignment to resources
- Able to Lead project teams in Continuous Improvement Projects (CIPs) in systematically approach of problem solving at 6-Sigma Green belt or equivalent level.
- Utilize Ishikawa, PDCA, A3 Problem Solving, in day to day production activities / improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree / Diploma in Software Engineering / Computer Science or programming-centric field of study.
- Degree holders: at least 2 years of relevant working experience in manufacturing industry.
- Diploma holder or equivalent: At least 8 years of relevant working experience in manufacturing industry.
- Prior working experience in medical devices industry is preferable.
- Broad positioning (hardware/software integration) with good knowledge of machine to MES interface technologies (e.g. OPC-UA) and software programming (e.g. C#, java).
- Experience in the introduction and integration of machine solutions in the context of digitalization in the production environment.
- Understanding of software Development environment (Build/maintain Jenkins Server, Issue Tracking (Jira), source control (Git)).
- Experience in SSL/TLS/HTTPS, Oracle & SQL
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Basic Knowledge for machine software (PLC)
- Familiar with ISO13485 and GMP.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a systematic mind set.
Sharma Kristine Joy Padua License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R2090931