A good background in embedded software development and real time control systems is required. This professional would participate in the design of embedded software subsystems that optimize and balance a variety of goals across the run-time performance, memory requirements, simplicity and correctness, development time and effort goals, reusability, extendibility, reliability, and safety. This firmware engineer would need to maximize the reuse of existing internal or external software components to shorten the product development cycle. This includes reviews the subsystem and system design of others for system design implications.
This position will work with other stakeholders within region and globally. In the end, the role is responsible for the development of high-quality products and/or subsystems in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software. Troubleshoots code for firmware (IC embedded code) applications. Involves analog and digital hardware and software operating systems.
- Involvement in one or more of these areas in embedded software/firmware for drives products: development of security features, remediation and management of security improvements, security testing, and process and standards compliance.
- Proven competency with object-oriented analysis and design as well as real-time development using the C/C++ language.
- Investigates software anomalies in association with the functional test team, customer support team, or other group (possibly including customer) as needed. Debugs and resolved anomalies.
- Willingness to work in a diverse set of software development frameworks including Agile and Scrum.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published by Rockwell Automation.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with concentration in software; or equivalent
- Master of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; or equivalent in-depth knowledge and experience desired.
- Possess a minimum of two years' experience in embedded software development with an emphasis on the analysis, design, programming, and testing of real-time software systems using modern engineering practices using the C/C++ language (or other middle to high-level language) required.
- Two to four years of experience in an embedded software or firmware team.
- Familiarity with the following tools and languages is good to have: Python, Green Hills Integrity OS and Multi IDE, TCP/IP networking, Git or similar version control tools, security test tools such as Achilles and Burp Suite, and collaboration tools such as Jira and Jama.
- Cybersecurity training or certification is a plus. Familiarity with cyber security requirements and practices for embedded and industrial products desired.
- Familiarity with agile processes like Scrum and SAFe is desired.
- Proven ability to specify and develop high quality, maintainable software subsystems or systems at a high rate of productivity required.
Arvin Clark Sikat, Sombilla EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1222536