The IT Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the whole of the proposed change, co-ordination of the IT projects and management of their inter-dependencies.
As a Project manager, you will serve a strategic role within the company. The role is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum in number of key projects.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the projects. The Project Manager will develop and maintain the Projects environment to support each individual project within it - often through an effective project management office.
A successful candidate will have experience in some or all of the following industry sectors: ERP, Manufacturing, Distribution, IT applications, Infrastructure, Networking and Operations.
- Planning & designing the project management governance and structure within larger projects/s and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the projects - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the Projects, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other projects and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing the project/s budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the projects progress
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the Projects plan and Projects governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the individual projects
- Managing third party contributions to the Projects
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing risks to the Projects successful outcome
- Initiating additional activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the projects are identified or as and when issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the Projects at regular intervals to the relevant director/ stake holders
- 6 to 8 years working within a multi-national organization with project management experience successfully running projects over half a million USD.
- Demonstrable knowledge of programme and project management methods including MSP and PRINCE2
- Hands on experience in delivering medium-large transformation Business Process Reengineering programs within a mid to large global organisation.
- Sound business case development and approvals skills
- Robust project budget preparation and management skills and experience
- Experience of dealing with business users at various levels (executive staff, sponsors, subject matter experts, users)
- Sufficient seniority, integrity and credibility to advise project teams in relation to the projects
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation & communication skills exhibiting tact and diplomacy
- Confidence and presence to deal with both business representatives and senior project stakeholders but equally important are the skills enabling in-depth discussions with IT technical SME's
- Experience of managing geographically dispersed teams
Kenneth Ho Qian Tat EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1879958