Project Manager - Liner Solution
Lead the preparation and implementation of a core IT system from an external supplier in order to create high system reliability, process clarity and data quality in the Liner Solution of Swire Shipping.
Key components of the role are to 1) manage the supplier of the system, 2) map existing and future processes involving a broad scope of internal experts, 3) plan and execute on process changes as well as system customizations, and 4) drive change through structured, professional stakeholder management as well as personal energy.
The four components are detailed below.
- Be first point of contact for supplier management and source of truth for issue management
- Represent the interests of Swire Shipping in ongoing scoping and quality assurance with supplier
- Manage contract deliverables and govern assignments and extra work
- Sign off on validity of deliverables and expenses
- Utilize available PMO resource to plan and document activities and progress
- Build relations to functional experts in all relevant organizational units and locations to secure input about current processes and challenges as well as ownership to future solutions
- Promote industry best practices and secure that we maintain unique processes where they reflect the nature of our key markets or produce significant customer value
- Engage internal and external process development resources in the process mapping effort
- Secure that future processes are documented in existing governance system and signed off with relevant process owners
- Plan and secure quality of solutions including customizations through timely testing before they are employed
- Map data migration and integration requirements and validate solutions before implementation
- Plan and manage training in new process and use of system modules through broad involvement of internal resources based on a train-the-trainer approach
- Minimize implementation risk through systematic risk mapping and mitigating actions Job Title:
- Build trust from the executive team of Swire Shipping through ongoing dialogue about objectives, issues and progress
- Plan, call, lead and document project meetings with different groups of stakeholders with the help of the PMO resource
- Participate in digital/IT team meetings and contribute to internal coordination between different efforts within the scope of digital transformation
- Be an inspiration for all parties involved to contribute positive energy to a successful implementation
- Take responsibility for the safety of myself and those around me by displaying safety leadership
- Challenging and stopping unsafe acts and behaviours or unsafe conditions.
- Comply with the Global Safety Standards, Polices and Operating Procedures.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- At least 5+ years of shipping experience preferably covering several business functions and preferably from a leading industry player
- A proven track record of successfully managing multi-million projects within IT implementation and/or process optimization
- Solid understanding of IT development and the interconnected nature of systems, processes and data from formal education and/or relevant experience
- Experience in implementation ERP system
- Well versed in the order to cash process
- Prior experience with waterfall as well as SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Jira, Microsoft Project, Visio or equivalent
- The ability to build a comprehensive understanding of and strategically connect the needs of multiple functional areas
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership in objectively evaluating complex risks and issues
- Experience working with multi-function project teams with at least 10 team members and in mobilizing resources beyond the immediate team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management and organization skills
- leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations
- Ability to provide leadership to and collaborate with business executives and develop solutions of high business value
Goel Navneet License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1982194