The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver who will work in coordination with cross-functional teams to understand, redesign and develop, our IT Backend Infrastructure (VMWare/KVM for around 100 VM running on CentOS).
As part of the scope you will also support the Infra team with the expansion of our existing Infrastructure (~600 Physical servers spread across ~90 POP Worldwide).
You must be comfortable working as part of a team while taking the initiative to take lead on new innovations and projects.
- Analyze the current architecture (where relevant) for weaknesses, identify opportunities for improvement and perform architecture review.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Implementing Cloud governance, build, deployment and monitoring standards
- Experience in handling complex migrations (p2v, on premises to cloud etc.) with no or minimum downtime
- Create, contribute to and maintain system standards
- Create detailed documentations and provide training for IT OPS & Support teams
Deployment & Pro-Active Maintenance
- Install new systems (bare metal and virtual machines), rebuild existing systems and configure hardware with a focus on automation and infrastructure as code
- Perform installation and configuration of switches, routers and do the cabling (UTP and/or Fiber) to the various local DC when required
- Perform server-side application management including installation, upgrades, updates, patches, and testing
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Proficiency in writing Linux shell scripts for maintenance and automation purposes
Support & Troubleshooting
- Collaborate with the support and development team to solve, deploy, and maintain on-premises and cloud-based solutions
- Take ownership of hosting or server-side issues; research, diagnose, troubleshoot, identify, and document solutions
- Diagnose and resolve problems in high-throughput web applications and network services
- Assist in daily operational tasks and perform network, server, and VPN security and maintenance
- Need to be an expert with Linux (CentOS 7, RHEL, Debian or Ubuntu) and VMWare (5.5 onwards),KVM or ProxMox with R&D background (a recent certification will be a plus)
- Mandatory hands-on knowledge experience in IT Infrastructure devices and system such as Router, Cisco Switch, Wireless controller, Firewall, Switch Configuration
- Knowledge of IP, LAN, WAN, DNS ,VPN, routing, Routing (BGP will be a plus), VLAN, high availability, load balancing concepts
- Configuration management experience (Puppet, Ansible, etc) and/or Container and Container Orchestration will be a plus (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with AWS, Alibaba cloud or Openstack will be a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related studies
- Available outside working hours and on week-ends if required
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Minimum 5 years related working experience
- Experience running hybrid environment of on-premises and cloud services
- Troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service skills including direct interaction with users, assertiveness, and perseverance to follow issues to closure
Goel Navneet License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1982194