Responsible for overseeing both the technical, managerial and service delivery aspects of the organisation's IT Infrastructure. As part of the IT leadership, this individual shall plan, design, implement and operate the enterprise network and infrastructure while managing the team responsible for running the day-to-day operations. He/she is also expected to provide technical leadership and consultation across the organisation in the enterprise network and IT Infrastructure areas.
- Ensure that the underlining network infrastructure and its associated technologies operate efficiently, perform within agreed targets and deliver a secure platform for the Company to carry out its business.
- Contribute to the strategic planning, budgeting, development, implementation and enforcement of IT operational procedures, policies and standards associated with cyber security, system capacity planning, backup strategy, system utilisation, desktop/notebook computers support and disaster recovery.
- Lead and provide operational support for all data centres, server rooms, servers (both on-premise and Cloud) and network equipment across the organisation, including IT Asset management.
- Collaborate with IT colleagues especially the cyber security team, to ensure cyber and physical security adequacy of the IT infrastructure.
- Manage the implementation of network and infrastructure related projects.
- Provide IT Network/Infrastructure leadership and input into application systems and cyber security projects undertaken by the Company, including the planning, provision and support of the underlying IT infrastructure.
- Partner with IT peers, vendors in the resolution of IT infrastructure issues, application and cyber security related issues and change requests.
- Source, manage and work with the designated vendors to ensure the smooth operations and maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure, disaster recovery and desktop/laptop computer support.
- Ensure that designated IT vendors meet contractual obligations while ensuring the closure of and/or timely escalation of issues.
- Assist the relevant teams in the fulfillment of Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) and Cyber Security Incident Response Plan.
- Provide technical support and administration for Windows and non-windows Servers, desktop computers, notebook computers, printers and peripheral devices.
- To assist (or where necessary lead) on the development of approval papers and ad-hoc projects requiring support from the Infrastructure team.
- Manage a team of IT staff in fulfillment of the above.
- Attend to any other reasonable duties as assigned by IT Director
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years of Infrastructure and Operations experience.
- At least 10 years managerial experience in medium to large enterprises. Ideally in IT Operations within a Telecommunications sector.
- At least 2 years of Cyber Security experience.
- At least 3 years of Cloud computing experience either with Amazon Web Services, Azure or Office365.
- At least 5 years of hands-on Infrastructure and IT Disaster Recovery experience.
- Proven and demonstrable vendor management experience, including the monitoring and enforcement of SLAs.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of IT infrastructure, IT operating systems and products, including:
- Network design LANs, WAN, TCP/IP, Virtualisation
- Exchange Server, SAN, Firewalls, Active Directory, Group Policy
- Adversary tools and techniques, e.g., malwares, brute force attacks, buffer overflows, browser attacks, phishing
- Intrusion Detection Systems, Intrusion Prevention Systems
- System monitoring tools, e.g., Solarwinds
- Database monitoring tools
- End-user systems (e.g. desktop/notebook/smartphone/printing)
- IPsec and SSL VPN technologies
- Radware or Arbor DDOS equipment
- F5 and A10 load balancers
- Experience of managing a team of IT Infrastructure and Operations staff.
- Experience of systems monitoring and management, including incidence response management.
- Strong project planning and management experience.
- Strong experience in evaluating, contracting and vendor negotiations.
- Technical certifications (e.g., MCSE, MCITP, CCNA).
- Able to communicate clearly, pleasantly and confidently with staff and external organisations both orally and in writing.
- Positive and assertive personality.
- A good team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to supervise and motivate others.
Arvin Clark Sikat, Sombilla EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1222536