As the Database Administrator for the Singapore Delivery Center, you will be responsible for database and system topics range from design, implement, deployment, configuration, monitoring to production support.
- Analyze customer requirement and identify the best database solution, technology and tool.
- Ensure database consistency of the projects by resolving any constraints.
- Influence management decision to choose proposed technical solution, tool and technology for customer requirement and project.
- Provide workload estimation of customization, features and component level.
- Forecast, inform risk/concern on task, team or project level and propose mitigation plans.
- Provide technical solution, support and perform several activities for new or customized database of product/component used in the project which includes but not limit to database design, installation, upgrade, migration, backup, recovery, failover, HA, hardening, monitoring, etc.
- Develop database installation and upgrade script, which is part of CI/CD.
- Orchestrate and optimize the database activities of several databases, schemas and components in one project or solution.
- Manage system/network configuration and monitoring.
- Strategize and plan for data migration, develop data migration script if required by the project.
- Support, investigate and propose solution/workaround for production issue related to database.
- Create, influence, reinforce and improve database creation, installation and upgrade process/standard in the Singapore Delivery Center.
- Code review, coach, influence team for high quality, best practice, performance, and secure database query/script.
- Work closely with Integrators and able to support/backup them during solution deployment.
- Actively support relevant teams during the pre-sales phase on database related topic, which includes but not limit to technical analysis, technical feasibility analysis, POC design and development, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least 8 years' working experience with a combination of DBA and system engineering with
- Database: Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra
- Keen interest in performance and security.
- Involved in application server deployment
- System setup, monitoring
- Network configuration
- Programming : SQL, Bash script (Linux)
- Ability to coach, influence and explain to stakeholders from various technical background
- Team player
- It is a plus if you have experience and understanding of
- System hardening
- Enterprise tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Customer facing
- Government or public sector related projects
- Deployment or integration server application in customer premises
- Support production issue
Sharma Kristine Joy Padua License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R2090931