- Managing the complex relationship between supplier, customer and sales manager, often being the primary point of contact for customers
- Provide 24/7 accessibility to overseas customers and be qualified to make wise decisions when working outside of office hours.
- Receiving enquiries and orders from customers by phone, email and fax, ensuring that all necessary information is collected and promptly acknowledging the order from the customer.
- Interpreting the order and ensuring it meets the offer/promise
- Proactively providing advice and guidance to the customer
- Making decisions independently regarding priorities and the timeframe within which tasks can be achieved
- Taking prompt corrective action to deal with unforeseen circumstances
- Advising prices derived from the contract and advising an optimum delivery point as appropriate. Issuing delivery instructions to the appropriate supply hub. Issuing an order confirmation or other order related advice as requested by the customer
- Must have the ability, knowledge and confidence to recommend vessel order point and quantities and the credibility to justify decisions to customer.
- Gathering market intelligence and seeking additional volume and/or opportunities to introduce new products.
- Building up strong relationships with dedicated customers through joint visits with key account managers. Building up knowledge and competencies in the shipping industry.
- Efficient and up to date administration of lost orders /enquiries. Efficient monitoring of their Delivered Not invoiced statistics.
- Providing regular feedback on technical and commercial issues raised by customers
- Handling technical enquiries and resolving technical complaints received, escalating significant problems and complaints to the Regional Technical Team where appropriate
- Degree or Diploma in any discipline
- At least 3 years' relevant experience preferably in lubricant, shipping or chemical industry
- Exposure in international order management or operation
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to provide 24/7 accessibility to overseas customers
Yvonne Ong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1549551