Lead in the technical assessment, digital forensics and cybersecurity assessment of personal data breach investigations; and provide expert technical advice to senior management for purposes of policy formulation, industry development, and implementation of penalty framework under PDPA in order to build public trust in the data protection regime in Singapore, which in turn builds a trusted environment for businesses and consumers.
Lead in conceptualisation of the digitalisation and data strategy for DIPG to enhance DIPG's operations and enable DIPG to better use data for policy making, enforcement, consumer services and ecosystem development.
1) Lead in Data Protection Technology Review
- Conduct technology research, review and technical consultancy that supports implementation and enforcement of DNC and Data protection frameworks
- Assessment and internal publications on new technology and services that may impact the DNC or DP frameworks
- Advise Senior Management on the advances of potential disruptive technology or services that may affect the DNC and DP framework and policies in Singapore
- 2) Lead in Digital Forensics for Investigation
- Digital forensic assessment that supports the investigations and prosecution of non-compliance to the PDPA, including DNC offences
- Development, enhancement and maintenance of SOPs for digital forensics for Court prosecution
- Expert witnessing in Court on behalf of PDPC for prosecution cases
- Management of Digital Forensic Lab to support investigations of PDPA breaches
- Development, review and enhancement of SOPs and regulations in order to ensure that investigations and enforcement of the PDPA is not hampered when digital forensic elements are involved
3) ICT Security Review and Investigation Support
Guide and manage:
- ICT security review, assessment, and consultancy to support the enforcement and administration of the PDPA
- Intra-agency and inter-agency development of ICT security guidelines, publications, and training material pertaining to personal data protection
- Provision of ICT security-related advice, training, and support to different teams in PDPC
4) Liaison with Government and other enforcement agencies or standardisation bodies
- Drive consensus with other government agencies on technology and data forensics or enforcement issues related to the PDPA that has cross sectorial impact
- Represent PDPC in joint data forensic agency meetings in Singapore and advise PDPC management on current forensic developments and enforcement
- Influence local and international standards developments on technology impact to PDPA and enforcement issues in order to facilitate enforcement actions and coordinated response for cross-sectoral personal data breaches
5) Cross-Functional Project Participation
- Lead, manage and provide expert opinion to cross team workgroups to review or develop regulatory frameworks, legislation, strategic issues or new policies
- Manage and advise team members on technical matters for internal ICT projects
6) Industry development for Data Protection Technologies
- Advise senior management on latest developments in data protection issues and technological changes.
- Conceptualise, develop and enhance advisories/guides relating to the implementation and use of technical systems/solutions that complies with the data protection framework.
- Guide industry on use of technology to collect, use and protect personal data. These include anonymisation techniques, blockchain; encryption methodologies; and implementation of data protection by design.
- Strategise and implement initiatives for industry engagement and development of data protection technologies and solutions.
7) DIPG Digitalisation
- Lead in conceptualisation of the digitalisation and data strategy for DIPG to enhance DIPG's operations and enable DIPG to better use data for policy making, enforcement, consumer services and ecosystem development.
- Leverage technology to re-engineer, streamline, automate and integrate operational processes, ensuring improved effectiveness and efficiency of the DIPG's operations.
- Secure budget and resources required for the digitalisation and data projects from appropriate sources.
- Drive the implementation of the digitalisation and data strategy to achieve the intended objectives.
8) Lead in Projects
a) Online Platform for Facilitation and Mediation (formerly known as ODR)
- Leverage technology to re-engineer the dispute resolution facilitation and mediation process.
- Implement an online platform as a channel for individuals and organisations to resolve data DP complaints through facilitation and mediation, within agreed scope, budget and timeline.
b) DNC Registry (Total outsourcing)
- Oversee and work with the appointed vendor to complete the implementation of DNC registry outsourcing.
- Ensure smooth operations of the outsourced DNC Registry.
- Systems enhancements such as Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity Planning, and alignment with WOG initiatives.
c) Complaint categorisation using machine learning (JARVIS)
- Leverage technology to reduce and remove the manual process of DP and DNC complaints by automating the complaint filtering / categorisation process of AI.
- Integrate with the relevant DIPG systems for a seamless and efficient workflow for DP and DNC complaints handling.
- Explore ways to maintain and update the model to keep it relevant.
Frances Diana delos Santos, Manalo EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1219552