- Lead & direct engineers in design & validation for proof of concepts, functional models, qualification of components & sub-modules prior to production releases. Participates & contributes (e.g. decision making) in design reviews & to follow up on generated recommendations & action plans.
- Accurately evaluating design & product economics to prepare cost estimates; establish product design/development objectives/work packages & to devise related strategies & milestones
- Lead in new design concepts, design of unique components in opto mechanical, electro-mechanical & dated sub modules, related assemblies (e.g. with materials like thermoplastics, metals, rubber etc.) & to lead in support product life cycle activities in these design related areas.
- Define & assign for engineers working in projects on Scope of Works (SoW), engineering studies & investigations, & to prepare related reports for stakeholder management.
- Enforce company requirements on creation & archiving documentation such as engineering drawings, build of materials (BOMs), technical specifications, test & risk management reports & design review protocols as required to document & communicate results, etc.
- Synchronize & communicate tasks & schedules of engineers with other internal disciplines in projects to ensure conformance to product milestones.
- Work & communicate closely with internal multi-discipline groups (e.g. production engineering, procurement, quality management & production planning) & with EMS/technology partners.
- Lead & engage in technical negotiations with vendors. Interacts with vendors & to consult its DFM & DFA processes to advise on component & assembly manufacturability.
- PhD or Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of product design & technical management experience in related field.
- 3-5 years in management of direct reports in related field.
- Experience in precision engineering design/application & mechanical design processes.
- Knowledge of best practices in a wide application of detailed drafting (GD&T), 1D/2D tolerance loops analysis, 2D/3D CAD creation & CAD data analysis.
- Knowledge & experience in manufacturing methods/processes related to metal die-castings & related precision machining, injection moulded thermoplastics & rubber are highly desirable.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal & written communication skills (technical & social) in English is a MUST.
- Ability to seek guidance/feedback & act on opportunities to improve (within the local engineering team) is necessary to enhance engineer's technical competencies & job performance.
- Execute work performance appraisals of engineers (e.g. annual sessions & when required), determine goals & objectives & to implement & monitor opportunities for improvements.
- Work (e.g. self-starter) with a multi-functional & international-oriented global development teams using a structured product design & development methodology.
- Review & advise on design of experiments that involves statistical tools & techniques to confirm analyses & new or existing designs to ensure conformance to product specifications.
- Review & advise test plans when problems escalate, coordinating with project teams on testing & data acquisition.
- Work with the Head of R&D in Singapore to lead, coach, mentor, motivate & foster development of technical staff & to help execute & implement organization goals
Veronica Neo Shen Hwa - email@example.com
Personnel Reg No: R1110855
Manpower Staffing Services (S) Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 02C3423
Veronica, Shen Hwa Neo EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1110855