My client is seeking for a highly motivated, self-driven Principal Threat Researcher to join their Global Security Incident Response Team (GSIRT) Security Operations Center (SOC), responsible for malicious code analysis, reverse engineering, threat detection development, threat hunting, and innovation in the areas of intrusion analysis, detection, and related activities.
- Perform static and dynamic analysis of samples, and reverse engineering in support of SOC investigations and proactive threat detection and prevention.
- Develop tools and methods for use in hunt and incident response activities.
- Collaborate with the threat intelligence team to perform proactive research and analysis of the latest threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) to inform threat detection efforts.
- Research, build, and maintain detection capabilities for the latest threats across SIEM, log analytic, and security tool platforms.
- Support projects to improve SOC effectiveness, advancing technical capabilities on pace with threats.
- Support and integrate with incident response, threat intelligence, and overall security strategy as needed.
- Generate high quality documentation of research and analysis results, and relay processes and findings clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years of experience in Information Security
- 5 or more years of malware analysis and reverse engineering experience.
- 5 years of experience performing log analysis and host/network forensic analysis in support of incident response or forensics.
- 5 years of experience developing network signature (e.g. Snort, Suricata) and endpoint threat detections.
- Expertise in one or more of programming/scripting language such as Python, Java, or PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of Reverse Engineering skills: familiar with debuggers, disassemblers, network protocols, file formats, sandboxes, packed and obfuscated codes as well as Reverse Engineering tools such as IDA Pro.
- Provide exemplary leadership in a challenging environment and influence the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and events simultaneously, with a ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to high-priority events; organizing and scheduling work effectively.
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team and work with little to no supervision.
Frances Diana delos Santos, Manalo EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1219552