The Production System Engineer will manage the full lifecycles of server fleet, including initial deployment, OS installation, service provisioning, inventory management, troubleshooting and repairs, and eventually decommissioning and recycles.
- Work cross-function on large-scale data center projects and initiatives including datacenter buildout and server deployment.
- Perform deep dives on complex technical issues within the data center, ranging from software bugs, hardware failures to network issues.
- Own policies and procedures for the day-to-day operations to ensure a secure and smooth production environment.
- Build tools and automations to improve the operational efficiency.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- BS in Information Technology or related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Linux and hardware systems in a production environment.
- Knowledge of the interdependencies of data center functions and technologies.
- Experience in shell scripting or other programming languages.
- Experience with massive remote OS installation such as PXE boot.
- Knowledge of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI and NCSI.
- Experience in providing technical guidance to external vendors.
- Time and project management experience.
Claudia Kueh Kee Jinq EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.:R1880247