You will be reporting to the Managing Director and be in charge of setting up the Singapore laboratory, including the procurement and placement of all consumables, equipment and fixtures. You will also be reporting to the Financial Controller and be involved in the creation and management of the department's monthly and quarterly operational budget. With the help of your team member/s, you will oversee the procurement of consumables and to ensure that all equipment and consumables meet the standards of local authorities, and all necessary licenses must be obtained.
- Responsible for all portable X-RAY devices, including but not limited to the training and maintenance of the equipment log
- Involved in all engagements with the relevant statutory boards pertaining to the laboratory and oversee the application and renewal of all governmental license/s and permits
- Involved in the recruitment and shall be evaluated on your ability to coach, mentor and retain your assistant/s
- Work with the native Mandarin-speaking laboratory professionals based in Guangzhou to perform and/or oversee the analysis of precious and platinum group metals found in electronic scrap, spent auto-catalyst and other related materials, while ensuring that the differences in analysis are within an analytical tolerance
- Work closely with the Business Manager (electronic scrap) and other team members, fully support the development of capability and skill set to perform sample analysis of precious metals and base metals and determine the most profitable recovery strategy
- Work with the local team in Singapore and the native Mandarin-speaking team in China, to oversee and be tasked to enhance our sampling processes and equipment
- Work with the engineering team, to provide data for aid in the fine tuning our processing and sampling system occasionally
- Work with external bodies (including but not limited to universities and accreditation bodies) for empirical publications and creation of industrial standards and be involved in the annual ISO renewal.
- Oversee and/or provide assistance to develop more efficient methods of sampling, analysis and extraction of metals
- Regularly communicate both verbally and in writing with native Mandarin-speaking professionals based in Guangzhou, China to ensure smooth execution of responsibilities
- Any other tasks related to your role as assigned by the Managing Director
- 3 years' experience in handling XRF analytical equipment, experience with ICP analysis will be advantageous
- Able to communicate and write in fluent Mandarin (Min. B3 in 'O' level Chinese or equivalent certification) in order to liaise with native Mandarin speaking associates and partners based in Guangzhou, China
Song Zhao Hui EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1761205