The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and repairing of network infrastructure and application components which support the needs of Singapore and all other Regional Branches. The incumbent will perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installations, and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets the satisfaction of the organization and users. You will also provide direction, information and recommendations on network configurations and installations.
This position requires working on weekends to make changes on systems that can be done on weekends to avoid disruption to day-to-day operations and on call for 24x7 support
- Network related incident and change management
- Commission, de-commissioning, and tech refresh of network devices
- Facilitate in problem solving and collaboration
- Managing the smooth delivery of network operations in accordance with stipulated Service Level Agreements
- Providing firmware updates for network devices
- Ensuring network infrastructure complies with security policies
- Prepare and maintain assets to ensure availability and update of capacity reports
- Update process and procedural documents
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required or assigned
- Proactively manage network and services to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime in accordance to SLA
- Address all vulnerabilities identified and ensure the solutions are implemented in accordance to company policies.
- Provide after-hours support for infra/network related emergencies
- Maintain proper documentation according to the company policies and practices
- Maintain an up to date network/firewall or related inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Support audit and compliance activities
- Perform change and release management according to the company practices
- Provide expertise for incident and problem management, network incident responses, root cause analysis and ensure SLA
- Work with respective business team members on the review of network change request, troubleshooting, as well as standardization of the network design.
- Work with the respective network vendors' support teams for the troubleshooting, identification and resolution of network problems.
- Responsible for network devices, Nexus vulnerability scan report review and vulnerability removal patch.
- Change implementation review, assessment and perform change on network devices during maintenance time which is night hours & weekends
- Conduct post implementation review on areas of improvement and tuning.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure Planning and IT Security Governance team to align Network infrastructure with HO's standards and complies with policies
- Ensure network compliance with all established information security policies
- Provide Auditor's Request for Audit Clarification for Network Controls
- Device commission and de-commission for tech refresh to EOL/EOS devices
- Diploma or bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Information Systems/Computer Science, Business IT or equivalent
- Min. 5 years of experience in administration and implementation
- CCNP, NSE and CCSA certified
- Cloud knowledge and certified will be nice to have
- Knowledge and experience in using network management systems, i.e SolarWinds, WLC, FortiAnalyzer and FortiManager
- Knowledge of cloud-based network technologies and architecture such as Azure.
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills
- Hands on knowledge of routing, switching, security and other network infrastructure technologies such as:
- BGP, EIGRP
- IPSec ,IPSLA
- VPC, HSRP, LAG
- STP, NAT
- Telco Connection Setup
- Good knowledge of the following, but not limited to:
- Firewall technologies (high availability, virtual firewall concept)
- IP load balancer
- Distribution and core switches
- Router configuration (high availability)
- LAN and WAN administration
- Good understanding of a services business in a high-tech environment from a supplier, integrator or operator's perspective
- Experience in in Data Centre Network (Routing, switching)
- analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Goel Navneet License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1982194