In this role, you will be working on leading edge hybrid cloud/on-premise infrastructure handing billions of events and terabytes of data a day. You will be responsible for working closely with various engineering teams to design, build, and maintain a globally distributed infrastructure footprint. As part of the role, you will be responsible for researching new technologies, managing a large fleet of active services and their underlying servers, automating the deployment, monitoring and scaling of components, and optimizing the infrastructure for cost and performance.
- Ensure the operational integrity of the global infrastructure
- Design repeatable continuous integration and delivery systems
- Test and measure new methods, applications and frameworks
- Analyze and leverage various AWS functionality
- Support and build out an on-premise data center footprint
- Provide support and diagnose issues to other teams related to our infrastructure
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Expert-level administrator of Linux-based systems
- Experience managing distributed data platforms (Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, etc) Aerospike experience is a plus.
- Experience with production deployments of Kubernetes Cluster
- Experience in automating provisioning and managing Hybrid-Cloud infrastructure (AWS and On-Prem) at scale.
- Knowledge of monitoring platform (Prometheus, Grafana).
- Experience in Distributed storage systems such as Ceph or GlusterFS.
- Experience in virtualisation with KVM, Ovirt or OpenStack.
- Hands-on experience with configuration management systems such as Terraform and Ansible
- Bash and Python Scripting Expertises.
- Network troubleshooting experience (TCP, DNS, IPv6 and tcpdump)
- Experience with continuous delivery systems (Jenkins, Gitlab, BitBucket, Docker)
- Experience managing hundreds to thousands of servers globally
- Enjoy automating tasks, rather than repeating them
- Capable of estimating costs of various approaches, and finding simple and inexpensive solutions to complex problems
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable collaborating and supporting a diverse team of engineers
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in complex systems
- Flexible working hours and ability to participate in 24/7 on call support with other team members.
Arvin Clark Sikat, Sombilla EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1222536