The Solution Engineering Manager (SEM) will be responsible for the Air Traffic Control (ATC) & Turnkey segment for export ATC projects. The SEM is a key role which is highly influential and will be responsible for management of all research, design, development and integration activity for the project. you will be focused on providing direction, guidance, expert advice, mentoring, support, audit and also workflow management for the project. You will lead a multi-skilled team of system, safety, V&V, software, integrators as well as hardware and deployment engineers.
This is a role where you will need to provide leadership, direction as well as support.
As a Solutions Engineering Manager, you are accountable for:
- Managing of all of the engineering (research), design, development and integration activity within the project, ensuring all key commitments are met (Scope, Cost, Quality, Schedule, Risk)
- Provide direction, expert advice, mentoring, and workflow management (including task prioritisation and resource coordination) in support of achieving project objectives and milestones
- Lead a multi-skilled team of engineers to deliver engineering services and support across multiple platforms, aligning team capability to meet customer expectations
- Provide guidance to technical teams with regard to integration, technical and configuration matters aligned to the agreed architecture, to ensure effectiveness whilst meeting customer requirements
- Optimise technical work, focusing on the efficiency of project execution (structure, roles, interfaces), organising system engineering reviews and participating in those of lower-level solution elements, from design to validation and acceptance
- Define and apply the system development cycle and the process, practices and tools applicable to the project
- Identify/Review risks, and propose effective solutions; execute mitigation actions and report on outcomes / cost savings and residual risks
- Participate in technical reviews, workshops, peer reviews and project reviews as appropriate for the program
- Produce/Review Engineering Cost estimates for any modification proposals to the functional baseline in the context of projects/bids
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or relevant field
- Solid experience of managing the development of real time and distributed systems in Rail, Traffic, Marine, Aviation or other safety critical discipline
- Experience in leading multi-skilled engineering teams within a matrix environment
- Experience in total life cycle of complex software development, including processes and responsibilities at each stage in the cycle
- In-depth understanding of Systems Engineering processes and Functional Baseline Management
- Understanding of Earned Value Management, Work Package Control and reporting, with exposure to scheduling tools (MS Project, Primavera etc.)
- Financial / budgetary management of engineering work packages or tasks
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders across a complex environment.
- Able to work in an autonomous environment
- Comfortable to work with remote team
Goel Navneet License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1982194