The Head (Group Data Analytics) is a senior-level analytics professional who leads the data analytics department and oversees all data analytics activities within the organisation. Candidate will lead initiatives to promote a data-driven culture and to enable/empower analytics practice within each internal business unit, to leverage on data and technology to improve operational excellence.
- Frame and drive the data analytics strategy with the objective to grow group-wide digital literacy and accelerate adoption of data-driven approaches.
- Develop and execute training programmes to train internal staff on data analytics concepts and tools to empower them to build data applications.
- Collaborate with business users to identify impactful or required data applications to address business needs and attain operational excellence
- Manage and guide the data analytics team to grow and execute the pipeline of data analytics projects.
- Collaborate with the data engineering team to maintain and improve the data management and analytics infrastructure, with the objective to ease (yet secure) data access for analytics purpose.
- Frame, design, implement and maintain descriptive, predictive or prescriptive solutions; apply full analytics cycle from understanding business case, framing analytics problem, model selection, data preparation, modelling, deployment to production.
- Collaborate with other IT departments: IT, Maintenance & Support, Programme Management Office, Infrastructure & Network, to manage deployment of data applications.
- Promote a data-driven culture; Spread, inspire and realise the true potential of data analytics. Plan group-wide data analytics communal activities to engage/connect with internal staff to promote innovation and creativity.
Education & Professional Experience
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Proficient in data visualization tools: Power BI and Tableau.
- Proficient in at least one programming language: Python and/or R.
- Proficient in one or more of the following techniques/methods: statistical and predictive modelling techniques, text analytics, and optimization methods.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in advanced analytics, business intelligence and implementation of analytics projects.
- Ability to apply typical analytics framework and work on complex projects from framing analytics problem statement, selecting and implementing model approach, to deployment and support.
- Experience in leading an analytics team with vast experience working with a wide range of data using various analytics modelling techniques.
- Knowledge in Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) .
- Good written and verbal communication skills; Ability to present and explain the technical aspects and benefits of analytics projects in a clear and convincing manner to executive/senior leadership team.
Goel Navneet License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1982194