The Test Automation Engineer is responsible for integrating, verifying, validating and qualifying solutions according to customer requirements. You are also responsible for any automation tools or implementation that can be applied into your activities.
- Work with Systems Engineers and Test Manager to select the correct testing methods and ensure all requirements (hardware and software) are properly tested
- Assist in creation/update of test plans and verification test scenarios
- Assist in reviews, including but not limited to, Test Readiness Reviews, Technical Qualification Reviews, and Final Qualification Reviews.
- Ensure full traceability of deliverables and tests to project requirements, using appropriate requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS), and defining comprehensive scenarios for integration and test
- Set up and maintain environment (e.g. Operating Systems, network, virtual machines) for testing, including development/modification of automation scripts for setup, tests & updates.
- Install and configure required COTS (commercial off the shelves) systems for testing, including development/modification of automation scripts for setup, tests & updates, where feasible.
- Prepare the resources used for various test configurations, develop and implement verification procedures, compile results, manage test deviations and record all verification results.
- Analyze test/system/application logs and results, assist in troubleshooting and communication of variances/anomalies to relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for Factory Acceptance Test, Site Integration and Testing covering:
- Preparing of test cases
- Participate in the onsite activities including system installation, system configuration, pre-on-site test activities
- Participate and coordination of on-site test and commissioning activities with customer as witness
- Producing test report, raise Problem Report if required
- Responsible for Test report submission and getting acceptance from customer
- Coordination with external party for testing when required
- Ensure all Configuration (e.g. IP addresses, hardware serial numbers) and Change Management (CM) processes are properly followed.
- Prepare, setup, automate and conduct tests on system performance and stability, for both hardware and software
- Ensure that tasks are performed to the satisfaction of all external and internal customers
- Diploma or Degree in a relevant area of Engineering or any related discipline
- At least 2 years of experience dealing with IT hardware (server, network switches, storage, workstation)
- At least 3 years of experience with integration or testing of system, preferably till commissioning phase
- Familiarity with various system protocols, including but not limited to, TCP/IP, HTTPS, PLC integration and Modbus
- Basic knowledge of running/modifying batch files/scripts for automation
- Passion for self-learning and implementing automation for tasks
- Basic knowledge of operating system setup and configuration, such as Linux and Windows Server
- Basic knowledge on networking such as VLAN & routing configuration and basic network troubleshooting
- Good oral and written communications skills, and ability to communicate with multiple overseas and local teams
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Knowledge of coding/scripting language for automation (e.g. Python, PowerShell)
- Good experience in test automation tools or implementing one from scratch (e.g. Jmeter, LoadRunner, Serial Port Tester)
- Experience in an Engineering role deploying/testing one or more large-scale solutions
- Experience in container-based technology such as Kubernetes, Docker, Containerd
- Knowledge on continuous integration/deployment (Ansible, Jenkins, Foreman)
- Knowledge on Cyber Security and know-how on hardening systems & infra
- Knowledge of Databases and their setup
- Experience with Linux, Windows, and virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Experience in technical and engineering work on Transport/Security projects
- Membership of relevant professional organization, e.g. INCOSE, Institution of Engineers Singapore, etc.
- Cloud Technology, Virtualization or Network related certifications
Joanna Tham Pooi Kwan EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1985398