Technical Support Engineer - VMware
The primary responsibility of the Senior Engineer- Systems Technical Support position is to remotely provide support for server and storage equipment located at customer sites. This position works extensively in the server environment.
- This position focuses heavily Network and Cisco products and technologies. Possess technical expertise for Ethernet infrastructure support and will be instrumental in bridging the industrial and information networking paradigms.
- This position supports modifying and maintaining Microsoft ACL tables (file/folder permissions), Active Directory Architecture, Microsoft clustering, and performance monitoring techniques on server software and hardware.
- The position supports VMWare ESX 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x systems and must have experience managing these environments in a production environment.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance remotely via telephone and email on products to Rockwell Automation field service personnel, distributors, integrators, and customers. Work with other engineers, manage multiple issues with changing priorities and deal with high pressure situations successfully.
- Capable of investigating and verifying reported product problems in software, firmware, hardware and documentation. Document the problem, work with appropriate group to resolve the problem, and follow up with the Rockwell Automation representative or customer when the problem is solved.
- Provides documentation of all actions taken in the appropriate systems
- 2+ Years' relevant experience
- Experience with multiple types of server and storage hardware.
- Discrete servers
- Blade servers
- Storage Area Networks
- Experience with Active Directory tools and utilities.
- VMWare management console.
- Understanding of EMC SAN Storage hardware
- Familiarity with network and san switching technologies
Arvin Clark Sikat, Sombilla EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1222536