Company Summary: Our client is a global leading health care products and medical service provider, FORTUNE 500.
The Role: The Regional Sales Manager is to manage the performance of distributors and subsidiaries (of the Business Unit within the subsidiaries) of GDSG in the geographical area of SEA, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. This position has strategic responsibility to ensure continuous sales growth, gaining market sales while ensuring the OPEX is within the forecast for the assigned geographical area. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales, GDSG APAC. Key responsibilities of this role include delivering sales target, providing strategic marketing and creating future strategic opportunities, reviewing Partners' commitment, evaluating and approving pricing, monitor progress and creating corrective actions for improvement as required.
The person must maintain a thorough understanding of the market conditions and key customer interactions in the covered markets, leveraging relationships or opportunities that will benefit the company in the short and long term.
The vehicle for success is through leadership, influencing skills, relationship building, forward thinking and engagements/ collaboration with different departments at the head-quarters to secure resource and supports, and prioritizing regulatory registration to ensure the most innovative products are available in the assigned countries.
This position requires frequent travelling (50-60% is expected).
- Work with distributors and GDSG BU (collectively called 'Partners') to develop strategic direction, implement sales and marketing plans to meet and establish sales and market share targets
- Contribute to business planning to develop an overall sales and marketing strategy to meet GDSG's short and long-term business objectives
- Execute & monitor strategic plan initiatives and monitor Partners' performance
- Anticipate changes in the marketplace so that new approaches may be developed, and customer needs may be addressed;
Business Development, Sales, and Marketing, Management
- Ensure all Partners to achieve annual sales targets for all countries
- Be the 'face' of GDSG to all Partners and take ownership in ensuring issues are addressed (directly or as a liaison to the HQ)
- Plan, monitor, and analyze sales/market trends and sales results, consumer behavior and competitors' activities to identify market opportunities in all markets in
- Map out business potential and coach/support partners to pursue these opportunities
- Conduct monthly sales and marketing reviews with Partners and plans corrective actions as needed
- Work with regional TE manager to develop robust education plans for the country
- Actively seek for tender/contracts opportunities with the distributors and work with Finance when special pricing is required;
- Manage promotional/ operational budget through appropriate allocation to the different investment areas;
- Ensure timely and effective communication with stake holders. Maintain rapport with 'Partners' and advise them of product changes in a timely manner;
- Serves as a conduit between the field and other functions [e.g. Regional and International TE and International Marketing, International Sales] to ensure the Partners has the tools necessary to achieve results. Provide input to overall business and marketing plans proactively;
- Work with regulatory to ensure consistent portfolio pipeline for the markets
- Reports to VP of Sales - GDSG APAC
- Distributors, joint ventures, and business units GDSG within the subsidiaries
- Counterparts in the Camlog and Biohorizon / Intra-Lock headquarters (and potential other brands)
- Global, regional, and local KOLs
- Regional and International TE
Location: Based in Singapore
Education / Professional Experience
- Diploma/ Degree in Business, Science or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years in sales management/ distributor management / business management; and minimum 10 years working experience with solid high-performance record. Experience in the dental industry is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office packages including excel and presentation software such as MS
PowerPoint is expected
- Extensive experience in the competing and succeeding in the marketplace and with diverse specialty product portfolios.
- Excel in analyzing sales data and interpreting trends, implications etc.
- Previous work experience in sales principles, sales techniques and applying them in a commercial business environment.
- Self-starter; think, behaves and take actions as the "CEO" for the brand and partners
- Influencing skills to build high performance partners and colleague without the reporting line
- Excellent in leadership, interpersonal, communication, organization, presentation and coaching skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with can-do attitude and creative
- Strong attention to details, good follow-through skills, possess analytical thinking
- Agile and structured; able to think both strategically and tactically as required for different situations
- Have great sense of urgency, do what it takes ethically to take the organization to the next levels
- Comfortable to interact with different cultures, partners (distributors), different customer segments, and global colleague
Song Zhao Hui EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1761205