- Responsible for supporting leaders through delivery of value-added analysis, research and reporting, in order to support delivery of independent daily/monthly valuation, analysis of trading activities with a lens of risks involved.
- This role holds the interface with the trading front office and other functions, balancing independence with a business enabling partnership, and covering a wide range of energy products from oil to power and gas.
- Develop and leverage a deep understanding of supply and trading business, exposures, strategies and market fundamentals.
- Deliver timely, rigorous, and accurate reporting and analysis of exposures, risks, costs, gross margin, cash and working capital etc.
- Provide constructive challenge to trading activity to ensure it is compliant and aligned to intended trading strategy.
- Deliver reporting and analytics that provide insight into business activities in order to support business decision making and strengthen the control environment.
- Oversee daily marking, upload, and maintenance of curves and volatilities.
- Interface with functions across front, middle, and back office to understand and analyze trading activity impacts across the business.
- Enhance functional interface through analytic support to create an informed and holistic decision-making process. This includes developing tools and metrics to provide better insights into the business activities and key drivers of P&L and returns.
- Facilitate and oversee effective and consistent compliance and controls, both internally and externally, while ensuring financial integrity.
- Minimum 5 - 12 years' experiences in Finance/Risk areas, preferably with knowledge on Commodity or Price-testing
- Experience in Energy Industry, Product Control, Market Risk or Trading Analytics is highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment while working across various functions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to grasp and communicate complex models and trading transactions in layman terms for non-technical audience while highlighting the key economic effects.
- Self-motivated with the intellectual ability and curiosity to read, interpret, and maintain current knowledge of relevant trading and market fundamentals.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Attention to detail (ability to work with detailed transactions and properly control, report and communicate trading activity).
- Ability to perform in a deadline oriented environment.
Yvonne Ong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1549551