- Development, management and maintenance of our critical data assets.
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of the company's databases, ensuring that it meets operational requirements and integrates well with existing software and hardware deployed by the company.
- Collaborating closely with stakeholders across the organisation, you will support the development of data applications according to the needs of the business.
- Put in place policies and processes for effective data management and governance.
- Responsible for ensuring its security, reliability and accuracy.
- Opportunities to expand into dashboarding, data mining, analytics and modelling will also become increasingly available as you help build and grow our data warehouse.
- Work with end-users to define business and system requirements.
- Design overall database architecture and recommend appropriate database management system and hosting solutions.
- Monitor and maintain database health to ensure high levels of performance and availability.
- Perform data quality checks and identify the root cause of any data inconsistency.
- Implement access policy, database security tools and/or measures to safeguard the organisation's data.
- Define and implement database backup and recovery policy and procedures.
- Advise on the use of database technologies and provide user and system integration support.
- Define data structures, file organisation, indexing methods and security procedures to support operations. Maintain database dictionaries, SOPs and other relevant documentations.
- Perform basic ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) operations; execute data queries, generate reports and create dashboards.
- To liaise with related technical support vendors to ensure continuous, high quality service.
- Contribute to team effort by assisting with special projects when required.
- Minimum Diploma in IT or a related field, ideally with certifications in DB Administration / Management
- Minimum 3 years' experience working with Relational Database Management Systems (MS SQL, MySQL, etc)
- Well-versed in writing complex SQL queries and code (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Familiar with data protection legislation and some experience with developing and implementing IT / database security policies
- Knowledge of database hosting solutions
- Meticulous with an eye for detail
- Methodical and able to meet deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) will be advantageous
Octavius, Whei Jie Yong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1110096