- Manage health programmes for Company to optimise health care and return to work, assess health risks and ensure health based programmes are developed, documented, and implemented in accordance with both regulatory and Company's requirements.
- Provide Occupational Health technical guidance, support and advice to Management, Line Managers, HR, Fleet personnel and Manning Office Administrators.
- Build and manage relationships with manning agents and external health service providers.
- In conjunction with Company's Health Manager, develop health plan against assessed health risks for the Shipping Fleet. Manage successful delivery of the plan elements relating to seafarer health and wellbeing.
- Maintain and continuously improve Company Shipping Occupational Health policies and procedures, including the Seafarer Health Standard to meet pre-employment; fitness for task; regulatory medicals and health surveillance requirements in seafarer home country locations.
- Liaise with Shipping, medical service providers, manning agents and legal on emergency medical response, repatriations and case management of illness and injury.
- Any other task and/or responsibility as deemed necessary by the company.
- Registered nurse or allied health professional with recognised post graduate experience in occupational health
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience, ideally in an international setting
- Experience of proactive health management in line with policy and legislation
- Proven knowledge of health legislation and an appreciation of future trends in legislation
- People skills and experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in shipping or oil & gas industry is highly desirabe.
Yvonne Ong EA License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R1549551