In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will provide your assistance in key decision making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with owning the manufacturing quality for some of the highest quality and highest visibility products in the world today. You will be involved in assuring quality for cutting edge antenna modules
Specific areas of responsibility include the following:
- Apply solid understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to help oversee the development of specific Process Management Plans (PMP) appropriate to program.
- Evaluate and communicate the yield of new and existing programs.
- Assist to develop and implement cutting edge quality inspection tools and test equipment.
- Help to identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate.
- Assist to establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Interface with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product.
Supplier Quality Management
- Assist in implementing corrective actions cross-functionally with internal and external team members.
- Provide assistance in the assessment of supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and help secure agreement to correct.
- Help to review PMP with supplier and other functional groups to optimize supplier quality programs.
- Evaluates supplier readiness and adherence to PMP at all development and qualification stages.
- Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits. Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management.
- Support suppliers by providing technical and quality requirements to establish and validate (utilizing statistical tools) process capability, incoming, in-process and outgoing quality control to standards in meeting innovative product designs as well as test and quality requirements.
- Utilize DOE's, FMEA, CTQs, SPC, and other analytical tools to help identify and address product and process risks and mitigate or improve with suppliers
- Min 5 years of experience in quality management or process development of mechanical or electronic products/components. Antenna or RF products' background is a plus.
- Knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations. An area of expertise such as a specific process, material or industry is key to show depth of knowledge base. Good technical skills, i.e. problem solving, issue root causing, analytical skills.
- Project management experience and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical analysis/process control principles.
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work independently with minimal supervison.
- Experience working with international OEM partners.
- Frequent travel domestically and some regionally
Charles, Lau Ngie Hao License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1656741