Position Title: Technical Support Specialist
The role is primarily focussed on ensuring staff in Singapore's head office have access to a modern and reliable IT platform. The Technical Support Specialist is part of the Technology Services team and is a focal point for staff on all IT related matters. The Technical Support Specialist acts as a conduit between staff and the various internal and external IT support providers, creating a seamless IT experience for all staff.
The Technical Support Specialist will provide a high level of technical IT desktop support to staff in their allocated "zone", typically a floor within Singapore's head office. The Technical Support Specialist will be seated within the Singapore's Head Office and will be approachable and easily accessible by staff.
- From time to time, some remote desktop support may be required for staff outside of head office.
- A Subject Matter Expert for all matters related to desktop IT computing (hardware, software, services)
- Troubleshooting various IT technical issues relating to (but not limited to) desktop hardware and software, mobility devices, printing, network connectivity, Office 365, OneDrive for Business and other common desktop applications
- Managing workload through IT Service Management toolset (creating, updating, and closing of incident tickets and service requests)
- Ensuring all issues and escalations from staff are addressed in a timely fashion through effective follow up and tracking adhering to agreed SLAs
- Maintenance of IT system documentation as required
- Identifying areas for system or process improvement
- Escalation of issues as appropriate to Business Technology management team
- Assist Technology Services and their partners with onsite support (new implementations/relocations, upgrades, resolution of incidents, etc)
- Degree/Diploma in any IT related discipline
- ITIL certification desirable
- An outcome and delivery focussed IT professional with at least 3 years' experience working in a desktop, or technical support role.
- Experience working within a large and/or global corporate environment
- Experience providing a high level of service and support, including to senior executives
- Experience working in a highly outsourced environment.
- Good problem-solving skills, and an outcome focussed approach.
Key Competencies/Behaviours Required:
- Good technical desktop support skills
- Ability to build and maintain a proactive, client-centric orientation with key stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills (verbal and written communication, etc)
- Ability to work under pressure and drive solutions within tight timelines
- Self-management & integrity. Works well individually as well as in a team
- Time management skills, ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Comfortable working within a matrixed organisation
- Flexible with work hours to ensure full business day support coverage
Sharma Kristine Joy Padua License No.: 02C3423 Personnel Registration No.: R2090931